Arlington Sweeps ACCA
The ladies began the evening with a 77-65 win over region foe and two seed Randall University. After one quarter of play it was a low scoring affair at 12-12. After quarter two Randall held a one point lead over the number one seed at 28-27. The Patriots struggled mightily shooting 8-40 on the half. The second half was a different tale. ABU put of 25 points in each remaining quarter. The Lady Saints had no answer for Arlington’s three All-Americans.
Zayda Gonzalez shot 60% from deep and ended the game with 35 points and 14 rebounds. Carmen Williams also had a double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds. To round out double digit points, senior Kayla Beattie had 12 points and one rebound shy of a double-double. Arlington Baptist women have won the ACCA National Championship for four years in a row.
Zayda Gonzalez and Carmen Williams were both named to the All-American First Team. Zayda Gonzalez was named Tournament MVP. Kayla Beattie was a member of the All-American Second Team and ACCA Scholar Athlete. Point guard Daija Stanford was named All-American Honorable Mention.
The first seed Arlington men beat the two seed Kansas Christian College 87-84. It was a back and forth match, but with all five starters in double digits for the Patriots they came out on top.
Senior and tournament MVP, Quinton Moore led all scorers with 27 points. Fellow seniors, Kel Wallace (ACCA First Team All-American) and Eric Wood had 15 and 13 respectively. ACCA Second Team All-American Kennedy Jones had 10. Then, to round out the starters, Jashun Petite ended the game with 16 points and led the team in rebounds with nine.
- ABU Sweeps LCU In Weekend Series
- Arlington Baptist University Completes Four G…Posted 1 week agoGRAND PRAIRIE, TX: Seven runs in the third inning led Arlington Baptist University Patriots past Lincoln Christian University 12-2 on Saturday to complete a 4 game sweep over the Red…
- ABU Captures 4th Straight
- Arlington Baptist University Wins Fourth Stra…Posted 1 week agoGreenville, SC: The No. 1 seeded Arlington Baptist University (ABU) took down No. 3 Kentucky Christian University in a rematch of last year’s championship game, to win its fourth straight…
- Arlington Going for Four in a Row
- Women’s NCCAA National Tournament for Sixth S…Posted 2 weeks agoGREENVILLE, South Carolina- Arlington Baptist University Lady Patriots are participating in the NCCAA National Tournament for the sixth year in a row. ABU is the three time defending champions. After…
- Arlington Sweeps ACCA
- Arlington Sweeps ACCAPosted 2 weeks agoJOPLIN, Missouri- Arlington Baptist University men and women teams both won the 2018 ACCA National Championship. The ladies began the evening with a 77-65 win over region foe and two seed…